Blue Curve Insight
Insight is a fully configurable database that stores and manages all the data you need to support your research production process. Historical results, earnings forecasts, prices, fundamentals, consensus and more.
Insight's flexibility makes it simple for Analyst's and ensures your business collects the correct data every time, whether they're talking Mining, Financials or Retailers.
- Insight integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Excel for both data input and extraction. For Analyst's, its simple to connect your existing company models and submit the data to the Blue Curve database using the Data Submission tools.
- Insight can also validate the data before it's submitted to avoid those nasty mistakes. And, to be doubly safe, it also provides workflow to give you a scratchpad area to carry out scenarios before you publish the data.
- Insight's tools for Excel also provide you with comprehensive data extraction, a formatted chart generator, external data refresh and file management capability.
- Insight's tools for Excel provide a range of data extraction options.
- Using Functions, you can connect to the database and extract specific data points straight into Excel. Integrate Blue Curve data into your existing worksheets, or build and format new sheets for data analysis, aggregation or reporting.
- For more formal reports, use the Blue Curve Data Extraction Tool. Build extracts on the fly or run one you built earlier. Select the universe, focus, data items, filter criteria and display the results in Excel.
- For the most detailed and complex reports, use the API to build and distribute pre-defined extracts that make it simple for Users to use the full range of Insight data.
If you've ever faced problems with maintaining large numbers of Excel files and data feeds, then you'll love Insight's management features. Such as automatic data uploads, consistent data definitions, validation control and centralised calculations.
Blue Curve integrates with most data feeds from Reuters, Bloomberg, Factset and others for price and market data. Most customers elect to load closing prices overnight, and each data load automatically updates calculated values.
The Calculation Engine makes sure that calculated data for a specific Industry is consistent each time any input is updated, not just prices. Automatically calculate year-on-year comparables, sector v sector comparables and much, much more.
In fact with Blue Curve's Calculation Engine you get up-to-date, consistent data without having to rely on analyst input, which not only saves time and money but ensures that you customer gets a much better service.